Facebook groups, enables you to find people with similar interest, exchange files with others in your group. Joining Facebook groups, also helps you network professionally and interact easily.
To get started on joining Facebook groups, a few guides has been given to enable you successfully join a group on Facebook.
Joining Facebook groups on mobile
- Open Facebook, this Facebook mobile app icon is a white “f” on a dark-blue background. Facebook will then open to your News Feed if you are already logged in.
- In case you are not logged in already, fill in your email address (or phone number) and password, then click “Log in”
- Click the search bar, this is located at the top of the screen. This brings up your device’s keyboard.
- Fill in a group name or keyword. Fill in a group’s name (or a word or phrase for which you are interested), thereafter, click “search”. This searches Facebook for accounts, pages, places, and groups that match your search.
- Click “Groups”, This tab is near to the top of the screen, just below the search bar. This displays any groups related to your search.
- You may need to swipe the row of tabs here to the left to display the Groups option
- Click “Join” next to a group. The join button is on the right side of a groups name. Click on it, to get the “Requested” stamp to appear to the right of the group. After you are accepted, into the group by an administrator, you will have access to post in the group.
- If the group is public, and not closed, you will be able to see ( but not interact with) the group’s post and members.
Joining Facebook groups on Desktop
- Open Facebook. Proceed to https://www.facebook.com/. This opens your Facebook News Feed if you are logged in.
- If you are not already logged in, fill in your email address (or phone number) and password, in the top right side of the page.
- Tap the search bar. This feature is at the top of the Facebook page.
- Fill in a group name or keyword. Enter the name of a group that you desire to join (or a related word or phrase), thereafter, tap the magnifying glass icon on the right side of the search bar.
- Tap “Groups”, this is located at the upper right corner of the search results page. This displays any groups related to your search
- Tap “Join” next to a group. Thereafter, you will see “Join” to the right of a groups name, tap on it to send a request to the group’s moderator (s). After you have been approved, to join the group, you will have access to post in the group.
- If the group is public, instead of close, you will be access to view it (but unable to interact with) the group’s posts and members.